We are hiring: Senior Clinical Laboratory Molecular Geneticist
We are hiring, would you like to join our group?
Senior Clinical Laboratory Molecular Geneticist
The successful candidates will join the Molecular Diagnostic or Clinical Genomics Lab at CGC Genetics (at Porto, Portugal location) as a Senior Clinical Laboratory Molecular Geneticist and is expected to:
- Perform and oversee routine laboratory procedures accurately and efficiently while operating in accordance with CGC Genetics Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Specimen Processing and Nucleic Acid Extraction
- SNP Detection
- Sanger sequencing
- Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Identify opportunities for workflow improvement and support its implementation
- Document and review laboratory quality procedures
Skills and Experience
- MSc or PhD in biology or related field required
- Experience in high complex clinical molecular genetics testing (minimum 5 years)
- Experience in troubleshoot instruments and assays as needed
- Strong (bio)informatics skills
- Ability to adapt to change and a rapid work pace
- Excellent interpersonal communication and team player attitude
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com, quoting the reference Senior Clinical Laboratory Molecular Geneticist in the e-mail subject line.
Please, apply only if you meet the requirements above.