We are hiring: Senior Clinical Laboratory Geneticist (Array CGH)
We are hiring, would you like to join our group?
Senior Clinical Laboratory Geneticist (Array CGH)
The successful candidates will join the Cytogenetics Lab at CGC Genetics (at Porto, Portugal location) as a Senior Clinical Laboratory Geneticist and is expected to:
- Perform and oversee routine laboratory procedures accurately and efficiently while operating in accordance with CGC Genetics Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Analysis of array CGH results (preferably using Affymetrix platform)
- Classification of CNV variants
- Interpretation and reporting of array CGH results.
- Identify opportunities for workflow improvement and support its implementation
- Document and review laboratory quality procedures
Skills and Experience
- MSc or PhD in biology or related field required
- Experience in cytogenetics testing (minimum 5 years as senior cytogeneticist)
- Knowledge of prenatal tests and postnatal tests including methods, risks and limitations.
- Knowledge on interpretation of genetic laboratory findings, and classification of CNV variants,
- Knowledge of common international nomenclature systems (ISCN) and and online resources (like OMIM, GeneReviews, ClinGen, etc).
- Reporting: preparing reports of results
- can produce a complete and adequate description of the tests;
- can independently interpret the results of the test in the context of the diagnostic question and formulate a conclusion, if necessary with the help of additional techniques or after consulting the literature;
- Experience in troubleshoot instruments and assays as needed
- Strong (bio)informatics skills
- Ability to adapt to change and a rapid work pace
- Excellent interpersonal communication and team player attitude
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the reference Senior Clinical Laboratory Geneticist (Array CGH) in the e-mail subject line.
Please, apply only if you meet the requirements above.