We are hiring: Senior Clinical Laboratory Cytogeneticist
We are hiring, would you like to join our group?
Senior Clinical Laboratory Cytogeneticist
The successful candidates will join the Cytogenetics Lab at CGC Genetics (at Porto, Portugal location) as a Senior Clinical Laboratory Cytogeneticist and is expected to:
- Perform and oversee routine laboratory procedures accurately and efficiently while operating in accordance with CGC Genetics Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Cytogenetics analysis in: prenatal, postnatal and/or acquired disease
- Interpretation and reporting of cytogenetic results.
- Identify opportunities for workflow improvement and support its implementation
- Document and review laboratory quality procedures
Skills and Experience
- MSc or PhD in biology or related field required
- Experience in cytogenetics testing (minimum 5 years as senior cytogeneticist)
- Knowledge of prenatal tests, postnatal and oncology tests including methods, risks and limitations.
- Knowledge on interpretation of genetic laboratory findings
- Knowledge of common international nomenclature systems (ISCN).
- Knowledge of karyotyping softwares
- Reporting: preparing reports of results
- can produce a complete and adequate description of the tests;
- can independently interpret the results of the test in the context of the diagnostic question and formulate a conclusion, if necessary with the help of additional techniques or after consulting the literature;
- Experience in troubleshoot instruments and assays as needed
- Informatics skills
- Ability to adapt to change and a rapid work pace
- Excellent interpersonal communication and team player attitude
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com, quoting the reference Senior Clinical Laboratory Cytogeneticist in the e-mail subject line.
Please, apply only if you meet the requirements above.